149 replies to this topic

#141 Meegie

Meegie

Worst Poster

• umbiciles
  • 3661 posts
  • Nemesis:Scyle the bogan

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

Record player I have is old. Not the record itself, just my player sounded like shit till I fixed it.

#142 Bambii

Bambii

fyugie

• umbiciles
  • 1387 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

They're going on hiatus :enditall2:

#143 Drunken

Drunken

Fading Fast

• The One & Only
  • 13327 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

I've been listening to Beggars so much.

#144 Meccaroy

Meccaroy

sdrawkcab sdaerht daer I

• umbiciles
  • 3788 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:26 AM

They're going on hiatus :enditall2:

Dont worry man,

last time they did that they came back with Vheissu

:daydream:

#145 moac

moac
  • umbiciles
  • 6150 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

i was gutted when i found out. saw them in october. major/minor is so good; words in the water might be my favorite song of the year.

#146 Meegie

Meegie

Worst Poster

• umbiciles
  • 3661 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

been half tempted to push my trip to the US from late 2012 to earlier just so i can catch these guys play a show. havent seen them since 2008.

#147 Bambii

Bambii

fyugie

• umbiciles
  • 1387 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

been half tempted to push my trip to the US from late 2012 to earlier just so i can catch these guys play a show. havent seen them since 2008.

Just a heads up - when I saw them 2 months ago they literally only played 1 song off Alchemy Index and 2 off Vheissu. The rest was all Major/Minor and Beggars, and some way old stuff. Not that that's bad, just a bit of a let down. Although now that this is their last tour, they may be more liberal about playing a bit off everything.

#148 Meegie

Meegie

Worst Poster

• umbiciles
  • 3661 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

Just a heads up - when I saw them 2 months ago they literally only played 1 song off Alchemy Index and 2 off Vheissu. The rest was all Major/Minor and Beggars, and some way old stuff. Not that that's bad, just a bit of a let down. Although now that this is their last tour, they may be more liberal about playing a bit off everything.

I do really love their new stuff. Vheissu and after being my favourite stuff, but yah, that'd be a bit of a let down. Dustin did post this on their blog though "We are planning for it to be somewhat of a celebration of the last 13 years and I'm sure we'll be breaking out a bunch of songs that have been buried in the archives" which only further excites me and makes me want to move up my plans of going to the US.

#149 Drunken

Drunken

Fading Fast

• The One & Only
  • 13327 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

HERE MY VOICE GOES
TO ONES AND ZEROS

#150 Meegie

Meegie

Worst Poster

• umbiciles
  • 3661 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:54 PM

New album came out. Has lots of mixes from Alchemy index, Beggars and Major/Minor. Last song is a very air/water vibe with a falsetto I haven't heard since Alchemy Index. Incredibly beautiful song. Some "trendy" radio songs mixed in and some classic heavier songs with a more mature sound (Death From Above and Hurricane being standouts). Overall I don't think this will take Beggars place as my favourite album from them, but it's definitely one of their better. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users