Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lime Orange

novel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Volt_*

Guest_Volt_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

I'm in the current process of writing a novel. I've been drafting for a year now and I'm finally starting to write down synopsis's. I have a flow, with a beginning and several occurrences but I don't have a climax nor an ending yet.

I'll give you a sample of the synopsis of the prologue.

The Convictions of an Honest Man is a story about a person who is met with the constant tragedy of losing loved ones. The story begins with two young teenagers in the 80s having sex in the back of a Toyota pickup truck. The couple talk about the future and what it may hold. They discuss the possibility of marriage and Joe, the man says, "Yeah, that would be nice wouldn't it?" The couple elopes in Las Vegas and moves to Louisville, Kentucky and they move into an apartment. Joe begins working as an oil terminal manager. His job is tiresome as he works on call and gets little time off. Mary, Joe's wife, sits at home and tries hard to become a housewife. One day her landlord hits on her and they begin to have an affair Because of this Mary is able to get a job as a cleaner for the apartments. One day mary finds out she is pregnant and comes running to the apartment room the landlord is in and finds him having an affair with another woman. Mary in a frantic state runs out crying into downtown where she gets a back alley abortion with a coat hanger. In her frenzy, she pours syrup and sugar in all the cabinets in the kitchen of her apartment. She floods the sink and tub with water and it spills out onto the floor and creates massive water damage. The landlord forces Joe and Mary to leave and tells them never to come back, and that he would cover the costs of the damage done to the apartment.

Joe buys a house in a suburbia of Louisville, and 5 years later they have a son named Joshua. Thus the real story begins...

This is by no means verbatim of what the text will be, its rather a structure for what it will become. The purpose of the prologue is to provide a backstory about the main character's parents.

#2 Sans Bear

Sans Bear
  • umbiciles
  • 2070 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

That idea is very novel.

#3 Guest_Volt_*

Guest_Volt_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

heh

#4 butterfly mutha fucka