NBA Thread

• Please log in to reply
3526 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_jody highroller_*

Guest_jody highroller_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Okc best in the league.

I don't watch a lot of basketball these days but from what i've seen this is true.

:roflmo:

#62 bro do u even give back to the community

bro do u even give back to the community

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

cochese irrationally root for the bucks or go away

#63 Guest_Thane of Whiterun_*

Guest_Thane of Whiterun_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

no Cochese be a Thuner fan with me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#64 Circle Button

Circle Button
  • umbiciles
  • 7285 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

cochese irrationally root for the bucks or go away

nobody in Wisconsin cares about basketball except for college kids in Madison

no Cochese be a Thuner fan with me.

I watched almost every playoff game OKC played last year.

Haven't been as impressed by anyone as I was with Durant since I used to watch Jordan play

Kobe and Lebron never quite did it for me

#65 Guest_jody highroller_*

Guest_jody highroller_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

nobody in wisconsin cheers for the bucks because they don't win

winsonsinites are FICKLE. their team has to win for them to care

here in minnesota we root for the wolves no matter what.

don't even pretend to know anything about OKC or that you root for them lol

#66 Guest_jody highroller_*

Guest_jody highroller_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

also notice how cochese casually places the seed "last season i caught ALL of okc's playoffgames"

lmfao get ready for him to lie really hard in the coming months about how he's always 'admired KD'

this is packers 2010 season all over again except cocehse is jumping on the thunder hahaha

#67 Circle Button

Circle Button
  • umbiciles
  • 7285 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

nobody in wisconsin cheers for the bucks because they don't win

winsonsinites are FICKLE. their team has to win for them to care

You're a fucking idiot. ...no one cares about basketball because it sucks

I also think baseball is boring as fuck but people still most people in WI support the Brewers no matter how shitty they are

everyone in WI (including myself) supported the Packers all those years when they were shitty...it doesn't matter how good they are(they just happen to be one of the best teams now days).....Lambeau sells and the whole state sports green and gold every Sunday no matter how the Packers are doing

they Bucks could make the playoffs and the Brewers could miss the playoffs every season from now on and things still wouldn't change

also notice how cochese casually places the seed "last season i caught ALL of okc's playoffgames"

lmfao get ready for him to lie really hard in the coming months about how he's always 'admired KD'

this is packers 2010 season all over again except cocehse is jumping on the thunder hahaha

once again...you're a fucking idiot

I respect Kevin Durant's game....end of story....i'm still not going to watch more than a couple regular season games a year

the NBA is not very interesting....last year's playoffs were more interesting than any season I remember in the recent past..that is the only reason I tuned in

#68 Guest_jody highroller_*

Guest_jody highroller_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

last years playoffs should be considered the worst of the last decade by any real nba fan

kevin durant sliced through a thin dallas team, manhandled a lost Lakers team

and faced a little bit of friction against the Spurs (losing twice in SA) but then getting 4 straight from there

miami had injuries which is the only reason they faltered against the pacers

Miami - Boston series was LEGENDARY but still even that wouldn't save the playoffs. the only other 7 game series that occurred was philly - Boston but that was a fucking shit show. if i recall correctly, both philly and boston shot under 40% in game 7 of that series. disgusting.

finals were done in 5 games

last year's post season sucked and the only good part of it was seeing LeBron get over his ring hump

so don't even try saying 'last year's playoffs were more interesting than any season I remember' because it just means you don't remember shit

#69 Circle Button

Circle Button
  • umbiciles
  • 7285 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

generally speaking, the NBA sucks now so who cares?

the only reason I see to pay any attention is to watch the Lakers miss the playoffs

#70 Guest_jody highroller_*

Guest_jody highroller_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

no, it's better than ever now that it seems like there's more parity in the league now

warriors killing it, blazers are a surprise team, rockets aren't doing bad despite how they gutted the team, the east isn't a joke anymore with the Nets and Knicks setpping up

we're on the cusp of a great season right now. it'll be amazing

grizzlies, clippers, heat, spurs, thunder, knicks all competing for the Finals

should b good

i'd tell you to irrationally root for the bucks but you'll only root for them if they do well

bandwagoner

#71 Circle Button

Circle Button
  • umbiciles
  • 7285 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

rooting is a strong word....I won't be rooting for any NBA teams any time soon.

..only Kevin Durant because he is the total package..have even more respect for him after he said he models his game after Larry Bird haha

#72 Guest_jody highroller_*

Guest_jody highroller_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

rooting is a strong word....I won't be rooting for any NBA teams any time soon.

..only Kevin Durant because he is the total package..have even more respect for him after he said he models his game after Larry Bird haha

WTF?

kevin durant is a one dimensonal shooting scorer

if you want a larry bird 'total package' look at LeBron James. he passes like none other, rebounds like crazy, and can shoot/score like a monster. kevin durant is the total opposite of larry bird.

hell, kevin durant is nothing like we've seen before. tall big shooters are new in the NBA.

please TRY to know what you're talking about

kevin durant is critisized for not being the total package. he relies heavily on westbrook to drive his offense, often times westbrook will take MORE shots than durant.

you really don't know shit.

#73 Circle Button

Circle Button
  • umbiciles
  • 7285 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

damn you really get worked up about all this haha

sorry I'll shut up about the NBA for the rest of the boring season

#74 Bright Shining Lie

Bright Shining Lie
  • Interests:being a faggot

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

there is a God

#75 bro do u even give back to the community

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

what does 'respecting' durant's game mean? can you elaborate on that? can you not use vague buzzwords? do you know anything about basketball? it's (sort of) okay if you want to ride the hip, non-miami bandwagon.
i mean i 'respect' any professional basketball player because they play basketball better than i can.

#76 bro do u even give back to the community

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

sorry, i have cochese on ignore, i missed the post in which he elaborated on that. it's because he 'models' his game after a white player? that's why you like him? is it because he plays basketball 'the right way'? can you elaborate on how their styles of play are similar cochese? or are you just drawn to that quote because larry bird is the hip alternative to all the popular black players of older eras?
i mean they're both lanky small forwards. that does about 90% of the work right there.

#77 Circle Button

Circle Button
  • umbiciles
  • 7285 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

...basketball....

#78 Flawless Calculations

Flawless Calculations

I'm the stallion mang -- you get it?

• umtrillionaires
  • 9622 posts
  • Interests:The best things in town

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

John Hollinger left ESPN to work for the Grizz front office.

Pretty neat.

I like him, although I don't get to read most of his articles because I'm not gonna pay to go to espn.com which is far and away the ugliest website on the internet. Also, he's really funny looking. But I'm interested to see how successful he can be at using his stats to win games.

Obviously I know there are tons of people who are doing this already but I'm interested in the metrics that he personally decided to cover in his columns. Seemed pretty clever, but also not too terribly abstruse.

I also like how he seems to only trust the numbers so far - he makes sure to give his intuition its fair due. I like that in a numbers-guy who is playing an intrinsically unpredictable game.

#79 Guest_jody highroller_*

Guest_jody highroller_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

hm that is interesting

wonder if they'll be upfront about what he does by the end of the season so we can see if any of it translated to wins

#80 Flawless Calculations

Flawless Calculations

I'm the stallion mang -- you get it?

• umtrillionaires
  • 9622 posts
  • Interests:The best things in town

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Seriously doubt it. Lots of (if not all) teams are doing this already (Simmons is always talking about 'Geek Elvis' on the Rockets, and I think the Nuggs are doing this as well), and I don't think any of them have publicized the metrics that they track. It's a little like giving away your playbook - you just lose a lot of your competitive advantage by sharing your secrets.

Which really makes me wonder if he's going to be working with the same metrics that he used in his columns or if he's going to be given an entirely new bag of tricks by Memphis. I s'pose it's gonna be a little bit of both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users