3551 replies to this topic

#1 Flawless Calculations

Flawless Calculations

I'm the stallion mang -- you get it?

• umtrillionaires
  • 9622 posts
  • Interests:The best things in town

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Deleted Khadar's captain janeway account and posts the other day and it seems that the NBA thread was one of his threads. This is the new one.

Came to post about how awesome I think Popovich is for sitting Ducan Manu Parker and Green for the big game w/Miami tonight. Classic Pop. Slap in the face to Miami imo.

Also, sorry about Bogut, RJ. Sucks :(

#2 Flawless Calculations

Flawless Calculations

• umtrillionaires
  • 9622 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

lol Stern is going to sanction the Spurs for sitting their players. Way to be a douche, Stern.

#3 bro do u even give back to the community

bro do u even give back to the community

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

lol Stern is going to sanction the Spurs for sitting their players. Way to be a douche, Stern.

shit's rofl was just looking for this thread to comment that

#4 Guest_Thane of Whiterun_*

Guest_Thane of Whiterun_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

How could he get away with that? That's stupid.

#5 bro do u even give back to the community

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

spurs sat that trio three times last year
not a word from the league
but against the heat? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

#6 Guest_Thane of Whiterun_*

• Guests

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Maybe pop wants to actually develop his bench instead of relying on 3 or 4 guys that the NBA makes billions off of.

#7 Bright Shining Lie

Bright Shining Lie
  • Interests:being a faggot

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

but against the heat? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

televised game had more to do with it than the Heat

i like Pop for doing it, his only responsibility is to win a ring and the Spurs got fucking fucked with the November schedule, but it directly costs the league money and reduced their image which is the surest way to piss Stern off

#8 Flawless Calculations

Flawless Calculations

• umtrillionaires
  • 9622 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Oh man I'm just gonna love it if the Spurs win. I used to hate that team so much but now I'm not even mad; I'm impressed. Pop is such an incredible coach.

#9 Sheed

Sheed
  • umbiciles
  • 2583 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

wow... GSW...

#10 Sheed

Sheed
  • umbiciles
  • 2583 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

a battle between my two favorite teams that don't wear black and red and lose to the wizards :parrot:

#11 bro do u even give back to the community

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

:siren: 2012 alert :siren: kenny smith hits the nail on the head-- does the league dictate who suits? how many minutes these people have to play? how many touches they get?

#12 bro do u even give back to the community

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

+1 to popovich if (in a similar stretch of games) he suits and starts the "big three" then sits them at the first dead ball for the rest of the game because fuck it

#13 Guest_Thane of Whiterun_*

• Guests

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Oh man I'm just gonna love it if the Spurs win. I used to hate that team so much but now I'm not even mad; I'm impressed. Pop is such an incredible coach.

Not so smart after all. His team lost.

#14 Chow Yun-Phat

Chow Yun-Phat

Detective Tequila

• umbiciles
  • 2184 posts
  • Interests:tequila slammers, shooting two pistols at the same time, doing flips, john woo.
  • Nemesis:Johnnie Wong

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Not so smart after all. His team lost.

Spurs didn't go down because of the team they threw on. They were competitive all day, more so than most fully fit teams that play the Heat.

Popovich knows exactly wassup. Son used his B-team and it still came down to the wire. Stern is a twat.

#15 Guest_jody highroller_*

Guest_jody highroller_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

i wish the spurs won last night. great hustle from every player! i'm a coto fan now lol. also loved how gutsy gary neal played. too gutsy at times.

please watch

#16 Guest_jody highroller_*

Guest_jody highroller_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

what was stern expecting? 82 game season from an old spurs team that has had to deal with stress related injuries in the past which soiled their playoffs presence...

letting the bench run free while on the road against the defending champions is a lot more than what other benches are doing right now. benches win championships.

nba is a business. obviously in situations like this where it's against a top tier team on thursday night TNT (america's basketball night), there needs to be structure in making sure the product on the floor is quality. a ton of people must've tuned out after hearing the spurs were benching 4 guys (sux for them, 4thquarter was BOSS) that's sterns job, putting out a good product. too bad it's just a conflict of interest with how the spurs want to play in the longrun.

#17 Guest_jody highroller_*

Guest_jody highroller_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

anyone else watching this nuggets lakers game?

hoping the nuggets pull this one out. down 12 atm.

#18 Flawless Calculations

Flawless Calculations

• umtrillionaires
  • 9622 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

That was rough. We need to fix our perimeter D. We've had many teams go off on us at the 3 point line.

But - we have had the fourth toughest schedule in the league in terms of opponents' win percentage, and the very toughest in terms of number of road games played. I'd expect us to pick up quite a bit after this tough stretch (17 of our first 23 games on the road). We just need to get a few easy ones to give us a chance to jell and figure out what we're good at. Gallo's shot is picking up, Iguodala is looking better. Ty is being a bit streaky - wish he would be aggressive more consistently. We'll get better.

I fucking love D'Antoni teams. Just a joy to watch. Shame he has to be coaching LA.

#19 Chow Yun-Phat

Chow Yun-Phat

Detective Tequila

• umbiciles
  • 2184 posts
  • Interests:tequila slammers, shooting two pistols at the same time, doing flips, john woo.
  • Nemesis:Johnnie Wong

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

OH MY GOODNESS BATUM. WHADDA WIN.

#20 Sheed

Sheed
  • umbiciles
  • 2583 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

OH YEEEEEEEEEARGHHHHHH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users