46 replies to this topic

#21 stray dreams

stray dreams

the genie head has power in the tower of dreams

• ∞Δ∇Δ∞
  • 5684 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

+ dreamers awake & glass owl :drool:

have you ever heard of those freakways recordings? i have one that has james ferraro, dan lopatin of OPN, laurel halo, and like three other people i haven't heard of before just improvising and making minimal soundscapes. would be cool if somehow we were able to get all the ambient artists from the board together and do something similar. like each person just adding really subtle layers

and yeah i'm definitely down to put out a quartz safari tape later this year

#22 //armk

//armk

Fixthe Fernback

• umbiciles
  • 3893 posts
  • Interests:Northern Brooding

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

hah aw damn, that's a bummer about the name. got any other ideas for it? a compilation sounds like a cool idea. i'm working on a new thing which probably wont be under the same name but i'd actually love to get you to record some drones for this one long ambient/droney part of it if you'd be into it, roberto.

#23 DeepArcher

DeepArcher
  • RainbowWarrior
  • 6262 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hey where did the bandcamp page go?
Some kind of dispute about the name, like Mark said? :(

#24 stray dreams

stray dreams

• ∞Δ∇Δ∞
  • 5684 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

hah aw damn, that's a bummer about the name. got any other ideas for it? a compilation sounds like a cool idea. i'm working on a new thing which probably wont be under the same name but i'd actually love to get you to record some drones for this one long ambient/droney part of it if you'd be into it, roberto.

nah i haven't thought of anything else yet, i'm the worst at coming up with cool names haha. boreal just looked so nice i hate that i can't use it. and yeah man, i'd love to record some drones for ya! were you thinking something kinda natural sounding or kinda synthy??

Hey where did the bandcamp page go?
Some kind of dispute about the name, like Mark said? :(

i took it down because one of the tracks on the b-side has this iffy frequency over the whole track that i didn't notice till i was sitting there dubbing the first tape. also i made the album too long for the tapes i have so i have a bunch of editing to do before the album is finished again. i didn't want people to be able to download it in that condition so i removed it. and the other day i was just searching around on google and came across a blog with the same label name and everything that had just went up. i'd tell them the name is mine but i don't think i'll be finished with the first release for a while so i'm not gonna say anything and let them have it

#25 //armk

//armk

Fixthe Fernback

• umbiciles
  • 3893 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

haha why don't you just give them an email and see if there's a way you can both use it and differentiate somehow?

would think probably synth stuff but i'll send you the clip soon and see what you think. have recorded a lot of layers of guitar but needs thickening up or something, would love to get your $0.02

#26 stray dreams

stray dreams

• ∞Δ∇Δ∞
  • 5684 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

yeah i might, just to see when they came up with the name and everything, cause i've had the idea for the name since early last year. i just figured since they have a website up, albeit with no posts yet, that they're probably going to put something out fairly soon. plus it looks like they've done design work and made a logo and all that and i haven't done any of that yet.

yeah send the clip over, i'd love to check it out man!

#27 DeepArcher

DeepArcher
  • RainbowWarrior
  • 6262 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Just change it to Loreal Tapes

#28 sep

sep
  • umbiciles
  • 2851 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

fo'real tapes :real talk:

edit: :realtalk:

#29 stray dreams

stray dreams

• ∞Δ∇Δ∞
  • 5684 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

rofl both of those are good

#30 stray dreams

stray dreams

• ∞Δ∇Δ∞
  • 5684 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

still need a new name for the label but this is getting a lot closer to getting started. i finally finished my solo tape so i just need to start dubbing tapes and printing j-cards for it. i was also approached by a dude from my hometown to put out a tape so i'm working on getting that all squared away. annnndddd me and seep are gonna put out a short fifteen minute Quartz Safari tape. so all three of those are coming soon!

we should still do that compilation of umbi artists too if people are still interested in that

also i put my solo album on bandcamp again
http://borealcassett...um/transhumance

#31 //armk

//armk

Fixthe Fernback

• umbiciles
  • 3893 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

got my URSA tape yesterday :D nice work, duder

#32 stray dreams

stray dreams

• ∞Δ∇Δ∞
  • 5684 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

awesome!! glad it got there ok. i love that extra manilla spine Brian threw in there for the artwork. i was actually just talking to him the other day and he said my split with Deep Magic is going to be cassette + LP and that Sean McCann is mastering it! so stoked

#33 stray dreams

stray dreams

• ∞Δ∇Δ∞
  • 5684 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

check it http://celestialpathsltd.blogspot.com/

#34 bodegas

bodegas
  • ROC PILE
  • 3694 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

still havent got m copy :whistle:

#35 stray dreams

stray dreams

• ∞Δ∇Δ∞
  • 5684 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

of the quartz safari cs? i know the canadian post is pretty bad but it definitely should have gotten to you by now. have you hit up ryan or nick about it?

#36 Tamas

Tamas

It's the neeeewwwww

• umbiciles
  • 4507 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Robert we've been talking already but this is just to say I'm down with the ambient compil-/collaboration, let's get on this

#37 sep

sep
  • umbiciles
  • 2851 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

holy sh SUP TAMAS

#38 Tamas

Tamas

It's the neeeewwwww

• umbiciles
  • 4507 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Whaddup bro Bobert told me you guys were still here, figured I had to check out the scene.
The new Quartz Safari stuff had me trippin yesterday, big ups.
You been making computer music, right? We should collab, I've studying abroad and so have been fucking around with a laptop a bunch.

#39 sep

sep
  • umbiciles
  • 2851 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

awesome, yeah dude :baconator:

#40 stray dreams

stray dreams

• ∞Δ∇Δ∞
  • 5684 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

yeah that ambient compilation / collab thing should definitely happen. just need to get more people on board.

i'll hopefully be able to get this first batch of tapes out within a month or two

been working on artwork for the last few hours

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users