• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#201 ryan

ryan

help

• umbiciles
  • 12771 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Roasting some sweet potatoes w/shallots and garlic and fresh rosemary, and then I've also got a pork tenderloin in the oven (seared it first, obv. what do I look like some sort of amateur?). Gonna serve that with a pan sauce - apples, shallots, and stock. Put a little mustard on that tenderloin, too. And covered everything with a bunch of fresh thyme. Then a bottle of chenin blanc/viognier. Hope I don't fuck anything up too bad. The sweet potatoes are definitely going to be a little overdone but hopefully not too bad.

Looking forward to the tenderloin. I've done similar things in the past for friends (and my parents) and gotten rave reviews. It's been a couple of months since my last attempt, though. And last time I used homemade chicken stock in the sauce but this time I only have store-bought beef stock. But I've never used the fresh thyme or the mustard before, so I'm looking forward to seeing how those change things. I fucking love mustard but never cook with it. Need to start using it more often.

I think one thing I'd like to start doing cooking-wise is use more acidic flavors. The mustard here should help with that. But I think some acid would really open up a lot more flavor. I obviously love using wine in everything which is acidic, but I can probably achieve the same ends with other things that aren't wine (and then I can drink the wine).

see now this is what i want. i want the techniques to be able to do things like this. im great at cooking simple things, i can make my own sauces, cook things to perfection, control my flavors, and whenever i go out on a limb and just try to create something new it comes out great, but is simple. i want to be able to put something together using all fresh ingredients and flavors. i just dont have the time of day to experiment.

#202 ron

ron

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜

• otter madness
  • 13629 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

Just had haggis on sourdough with grilled tomatoes and fried egg with sumac

5 star lunch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users