Photo

Filmmakers Thread

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 szrs

szrs
  • umtrillionaires
  • 4329 posts
  • Interests:Taking a break at 4:30 everyday to watch jeopardy.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

last year i filmed a documentary of me driving around in my car

when i get some time ill edit it and submit it to the sundance film festival

#62 famine party

famine party

fang of magia negra

• umbiciles
  • 2342 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

just got an email back from a friend of mine who makes short films. it looks like he is going ahead with the script my friend and I wrote years ago. I really wish it was anything else because I don't feel that was one of our better scripts. have to read the revised version of the script. I hope it is better than I remembered or they improved the fuck out of it.

#63 Grain Belt Premium

Grain Belt Premium
  • STEROID POSTING SQUAD
  • 13699 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

So I threw together a dumb reel of some of the stuff I shot the last couple months

got all noisy in the compression o well

#64 (X) (X)

(X) (X)
  • umbiciles
  • 4076 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

very cool

especially the shots at night

cuz i know how difficult they can be to capture

#65 Belacqua Murphy & Watt

Belacqua Murphy & Watt
  • umbiciles
  • 1523 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

i just downloaded premier pro, is this good? better than final cut pro?

howbout sound editing?

#66 Grain Belt Premium

Grain Belt Premium
  • STEROID POSTING SQUAD
  • 13699 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

What version?

Just went out and did some tests for an upcoming short with only available lighting, color corrected them a bit

used a canon 50mm 1.8

Posted Image
Posted Image

#67 Belacqua Murphy & Watt

Belacqua Murphy & Watt
  • umbiciles
  • 1523 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

the latest version.

and cool pictures. i love the yellowish light.

#68 Grain Belt Premium

Grain Belt Premium
  • STEROID POSTING SQUAD
  • 13699 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

CS6 is great and heaps better than FCPX

Also helps that it can be used seamlessly with Photoshop and After Effects

#69 Belacqua Murphy & Watt

Belacqua Murphy & Watt
  • umbiciles
  • 1523 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

oh yea i never have used FCPX, i heard that that was like the imovie thing or something.

thanks.

now to find a good camera. i don't want to keep using my school's.

#70 famine party

famine party

fang of magia negra

• umbiciles
  • 2342 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

getting premiere was the best choice I have made in quite some time and a huge part of my day now consists of thinking of something, recording it, and editing.

basically using premiere every day is what I live for now. BUT

today I had a great video going and I was so thrilled by it. when I went to export, it got stuck on 0% and never moved. I waited and waited and then began googling the problem to see if I could find a solution, but nothing worked. I made a new project, imported my files, and edited the video again, but it still wouldnt export. I have become obsessive about getting a video done every day so I just said fuck it and recorded a close up of my screen playing my video and I am now exporting THAT video, but since it is a recording of a computer screen the quality is way shittier and it just isn't the same anymore.

has anyone ever had premiere refuse to export certain projects even though it will export others? I am losing my mind.

#71 //armk

//armk

Fixthe Fernback

• umbiciles
  • 3893 posts
  • Interests:Northern Brooding

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

never stuck at 0% but i've had stuff that would never finish exporting and it was usually because i was trying to export massive projects with timelines within timelines, etc. unrendered effects are problematic too.

have you tried exporting as different formats? everything fully rendered when exporting? how about doing a video mixdown of the timeline within your project? dunno what to suggest really. might be some corrupt media that it doesn't like. what format is the footage?

#72 famine party

famine party

fang of magia negra

• umbiciles
  • 2342 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

I am really new to the whole using premiere thing and digital editing in general. hard to believe it was just nine years ago that I was planning to save up for three nice vcrs and one of those neat effects units like the edit bays in my high school.

I tried exporting as different formats and it didn't work and I had everything rendered before I tried to export. I am not sure how to make a video mixdown or what that is.

I assumed it might be something wrong with one of the videos, like they were corrupt somehow, so what ended up finally working was that I took my six minute video that I was keying out and cut it down to just the five essential minutes and got it to export as a new file itself. then I was able to take the 55 minute video I was trying to speed up to five minutes to go underneath it and edit it down to just 30 minutes sped up to five and add the other video on top and it finally worked.

no clue what happened, but I am glad it came out. now I have to go and find and idea for today's video.

#73 Grain Belt Premium

Grain Belt Premium
  • STEROID POSTING SQUAD
  • 13699 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

A 55 minute video will take forever if you don't have the processor for it

#74 //armk

//armk

Fixthe Fernback

• umbiciles
  • 3893 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

^ what he said. if you're time lapsing a 55 minute video down to a few mins or whatever, when you come to export it will still treat it like you're exporting a 55 min video. try leaving it going overnight and see if it gets anywhere.

#75 Belacqua Murphy & Watt

Belacqua Murphy & Watt
  • umbiciles
  • 1523 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

i recently edited together a music video i shot for a friend, would anyone here be able to look at it and critique as necessary? i'd really appreciate it. this is the first music video i've done.

#76 Grain Belt Premium

Grain Belt Premium
  • STEROID POSTING SQUAD
  • 13699 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Post it

#77 Belacqua Murphy & Watt

Belacqua Murphy & Watt
  • umbiciles
  • 1523 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

i will. i've just been fighting with Premiere Pro cs6 to get it to warp stabilize the video without becoming unresponsive. i get as far as rendering it, but then the whole program slows the fuck down and it doesn't let me export the video. thank you you guys for offering to look at it for me, i appreciate it.

ugh now it says in a bar across the middle of my video "Click Analyze to begin," but the "analyze" button under is greyed out...

i'll try doing it in after effects.

#78 //armk

//armk

Fixthe Fernback

• umbiciles
  • 3893 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:24 AM

premiere is nightmarish for exporting. i'm never using it again if i'm not being paid for it. what settings are you using? is everything rendered?

#79 Grain Belt Premium

Grain Belt Premium
  • STEROID POSTING SQUAD
  • 13699 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

One time I was watching someones rough cut for something and premiere actually exported the "Click Analyze to Begin" overlay

#80 Grain Belt Premium

Grain Belt Premium
  • STEROID POSTING SQUAD
  • 13699 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

here's some silly shit i'm shooting for a corporate video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users