4 replies to this topic

#1 exo

exo

Rich Kids don't go rogue

• umbiciles
  • 6761 posts
  • Interests:Women and money.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:38 AM

I'm already worried that my pedalboard is too big, noisy, and hard to control. Shit is unpractical.

The SoundSculpture Swtichblade system looks very tempting, but it's $2000 and you need a rack/flight, as well as a MIDI foot controller.

Anyone have any experience with a system like this? It seems really cool to be able to connect your pedals in any possible configuration in an instant, and create presets for each combination.

#2 Ender

Ender

Your Dad

• umbiciles
  • 3242 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

if i had the money thats what i would use.

to be honost computers arent such a bad idea these days, if they are a designated computer with midi footswitches controlling presets in whatever daw/program you use.

similar concept
less price especially if you are using studio quality plug ins, instead of their rackmount counterparts (which these days isnt too different)

just set up a midi footswitch to bypass selected plugins.

#3 Meccaroy

Meccaroy

sdrawkcab sdaerht daer I

• umbiciles
  • 3788 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:32 PM

AXEFX bro.

next gen shit.

No need for pedals, with a 12 chain and 4 parallel chains at the same time. Every combo you could possibly need/want, top class digital rack mounted head.

http://www.fractalau...s-fa-axefx.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeA9Wca8D70&feature=player_embedded

Here we are very late at night demoing the Atomic Reactor FRs for you.The mics are Neumann U-87s so a slightly dark, warm sound from them.There is a tiny bit of delay being generated by the Axe-Fx and the sound of the amps has not been treated in any way in the studio - no eq, compression etcThe music is also deliberately unmastered, so not as compressed and bright as a finished commercial recording.Andrew knocked up some rhythm tracks from a drum loop the engineer had lying around, and all the guitar parts you can hear were recorded using the Reactors as the sound source - normally of course, you would DI directly out of the Axe-Fx.We've also tipped the Reactors on their side so that the main speaker and tweeter are getting well clear of the floor - only for the benefit of the mics.We're not even touching on the amazing processing power of the Axe-Fx for multi-fx, tone shaping etc, as we just want to demonstrate that this combination of gear sounds like a real guitar amp, and is a serious option for professionals and dedicated amateurs who don't want to compromise their tone whilst gaining all the benefits of a digital rig.Thanks for listening!

#4 exo

exo

Rich Kids don't go rogue

• umbiciles
  • 6761 posts
  • Interests:Women and money.

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:37 AM

Yeah, but I kinda just want to run my two amps.

#5 Ender

Ender

Your Dad

• umbiciles
  • 3242 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

just get nice pedals bro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users