Search the forums

Theme Settings

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lime Orange

Lil B The Based God, Aw Damn, You Done Fucked Up My Bitch Lil B!

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#41 alphabets

alphabets

b batteries

• umbiciles
  • 2097 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

Check out Lil B on MTV

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/610345/the-vice-guide-to-based-music.jhtml#id=1655266

my j/o process is pretty similar

#42 bodegas

bodegas
  • ROC PILE
  • 3694 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:51 AM

#43 Guest_Lil B The Based God_*

Guest_Lil B The Based God_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

YOU CAN FUCK MY BITCH BASED GOD

#44 Guest_Lil B The Based God_*

• Guests

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

#45 bird

bird

who invited steve? that dude's a cunt...

• umbiciles
  • 7060 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

the question i have about hip hop in general is less of will it still be popular tomorrow or next year but like in 40 years. do you guys really think when your old on the couch with your wife watchin 60 minutes are you going to go turn on the phonograph and listen to songs about bitches giving head and swag and being based.

if so fuck your life lol...

none of todays music has lasting relevance imo

thi9s post doesnt really have anything to do with lil b in particular btw

#46 bodegas

bodegas
  • ROC PILE
  • 3694 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

i dont eve ncare if this shit isnt popular tomorrow. most of the people ive played lil b dont get it and think its wack, while they do admit songs like 'im bill clinton' and 'miley cyrus' get stuck in their head.

lil b is really the only thing in rap keeping me entertained right now. oh, and curren$y

#47 bodegas

bodegas
  • ROC PILE
  • 3694 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

worth a listen

#48 bird

bird

who invited steve? that dude's a cunt...

• umbiciles
  • 7060 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

thanks for the neg rep ass...

no really there is a poster named ass

thats not very #based if you ask me

#49 Guest_Lil B The Based God_*

• Guests

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

#50 Cicatrizatron

Cicatrizatron

Custom Concern

• umbiciles
  • 7099 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

lol @ 'not getting' lil b

#51 bodegas

bodegas
  • ROC PILE
  • 3694 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

'not getting it' is not seeing how its funny and relevant

#52 Cicatrizatron

Cicatrizatron

Custom Concern

• umbiciles
  • 7099 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

i think its hilarious how terrible it is but i dont exactly see how its 'relevant' in any way...
the only thing 'groundbreaking' about it is how he can suck at rapping/sound like the biggest retard on earth and lead people to believe that its a new 'style' which he created and is the only person currently utilizing...

:roflmo:

#53 Guest_VoltBasedCons_*

Guest_VoltBasedCons_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

#54 Guest_VoltBasedCons_*

Guest_VoltBasedCons_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

I don't get it. :mannerism:

Hes a rapper. Whats there to get? Posted Image

#55 Cicatrizatron

Cicatrizatron

Custom Concern

• umbiciles
  • 7099 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

jeez...lil b fans get so easily butthurt

that 'real life' song was the gayest shit i ever heard in my life and watching him poorly lip-synch and act distressed was pathetic

neg-rep me all you want, it doesnt mean my opinion is any less valid just because i disagree with you.

#56 Cicatrizatron

Cicatrizatron

Custom Concern

• umbiciles
  • 7099 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

well after reading your sad little responses, i have to hand it to him...
he knows how to market poorly made shit as something 'raw' and gives people who worship it the ability to point out the alleged pretention of people who see no value in his neglect for actual craftsmanship.

i guess thats why its popular on youtube

#57 Cicatrizatron

Cicatrizatron

Custom Concern

• umbiciles
  • 7099 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:04 PM

lol ok guys ill leave you alone

its pretty adorable the way you two play off eachother but what i was saying about him is that he's crafty at utilizing different mediums like youtube and other social networking nonsense...but i dont really give a shit about that because the music he is creating sounds like bullshit to me :mannerism:

for the record, i dont like just anything that has screaming in it and is recorded like shit, i dont listen to much stuff like that at all because i dont enjoy it
:scoff:

#58 Cicatrizatron

Cicatrizatron

Custom Concern

• umbiciles
  • 7099 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

on craftsmanship... i'll use animal collective as an example(because i know you're a fan of them too matt :) ). out of all of their albums the cheapest-to-make in a financial sense of production was their album campfire songs. all they used were 3 minidisc recorders that were placed carefully around the band in aveytares apartment. when you listen to the album you can tell right away that the quality was nowhere near merriweather post pavillion, an album which was made in a studio with a producer and all the other tech guys who aren't in the band. but if you ask me the best animal collective album as far as production is campfire songs because the album was purely about that, the production. breezy light atmosphere,the closest thing to the season of summer on audio... it's like you are right there in the room with them. that album doesn't make me scoff at 'true craftsmanship production' but it lets me appreciate ways musicians or artists who can step back from state of the art equipment as a part of the music writing process.

there is an art to certain ways of 'lo-fi' production and i love it too in many different genres... but thats different than the material itself being thrown together rapidly and lazily and being sold as 'prolific' and 'stream of consciousness'

bullllshittt

i promise ill leave you guys alone forever, youre so fervent and brainwashed sounding in your responses and i get so angry about his existence in general that its impossible to even have a real discussion. :mannerism:

#59 Guest_VoltBasedCons_*

Guest_VoltBasedCons_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

jeez...lil b fans get so easily butthurt

that 'real life' song was the gayest shit i ever heard in my life and watching him poorly lip-synch and act distressed was pathetic

neg-rep me all you want, it doesnt mean my opinion is any less valid just because i disagree with you.

Why are you still posting in this thread?

We get it. You don't like Lil B. So what. Posted Image

#60 Cicatrizatron

Cicatrizatron

Custom Concern

• umbiciles
  • 7099 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:22 PM

ugh
i was saying that im equally to blame for lack of 'real discussion' because i truly will never give a shit about this hack and his bullshit 'genre'

khadar, you refer to this faggot as 'based god'...get a fucking grip and lift yourself off his cock for a second

also, i never said anything about his production value, i dont give a fuck about it, im talking about the actual quality of the beats/'rhymes' and how they do absolutely nothing for me and come off completely half-assed and borderline retarded (yes, rj, his lyrics are a criticism of the current state of hip-hop and what it has become etc etc :fap: )

all in all, im a faggot and totally unbased because i dont understand the genius that is lil b and sadly, never will

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users