• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 swirledo

swirledo
  • umbiciles
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:45 PM

Oh hey.

I have a request, I'm looking for a plug-in that can emulate a "Tape-Stop" effect, I was using a DP4 at school the other week and it had a Tape-Stop effect and by-golly it made my kick drum sound soooo fucking good. I may hunt down one a DP4 if I can't find a plug-in.

Go.

#2 Ender

Ender

Your Dad

• umbiciles
  • 3242 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

this thread is a-ok by me.

not sure about a tape stop plugin. in fact im not really sure what you mean by tape stop.

like if you were running a reel to reel tape deck and pressed the stop button while recording to another reel to reel?

#3 swirledo

swirledo
  • umbiciles
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:41 PM

Yeah something like that, but I think it's mostly to do with delay and reverb, it just made the kick sound compressed and tight.

#4 Ender

Ender

Your Dad

• umbiciles
  • 3242 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:25 AM

hmm. yea that seems really cool.

#5 exo

exo

Rich Kids don't go rogue

• umbiciles
  • 6761 posts
  • Interests:Women and money.

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:25 AM

I want a big analog console.

SSL OR NEVE

GOD GIVE ME THE CASH NOW PLEASE

I've been following a few major studio builds, and the amount of work that goes into just setting up a big SSL desk is staggering. Ngz are working nonstop for like a year to wire everything.

I'd have to hire someone to do that for me. I guess the SSL guys will do it if you buy a new desk.

Do they even make G or E series new anymore?

#6 Ender

Ender

Your Dad

• umbiciles
  • 3242 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:32 AM

ssl owns.

also a bunch of softtubes stuff just got K'd im gonna give some of their stuff today, the amp room plugins look cool and some of their hardware emulations are supposed to be pretty wicked.

#7 Ender

Ender

Your Dad

• umbiciles
  • 3242 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

softube amp room is the only amp simulation i will ever be using again. nothing compares. the marshall in it sounds really realistic.

#8 Ender

Ender

Your Dad

• umbiciles
  • 3242 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

waves just K'd for mac.

i can die now.

now if only someone would K rtas autotune...

#9 Ender

Ender

Your Dad

• umbiciles
  • 3242 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

nevermind waves tune kicks the shit out of antares.

god... this is fucking awesome...
all these plug ins are awe inspiring...
waves7 complete!!!!

i feel like someone just walked into my house and laid down a 1950s goldtop les pual in my lap and said "here enjoy" =)

edit: man i haven't had a chance to check out these SSL plugins yet. they sound so alive, i love them.

#10 exo

exo

Rich Kids don't go rogue

• umbiciles
  • 6761 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:36 AM

The SSL plugins are a must. I use them almost exlusively for compression, and colouring EQ.

#11 Ender

Ender

Your Dad

• umbiciles
  • 3242 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:15 AM

yea waves fuckin rules. these ssl sound prtty good. i don't love the compressor. eq is beautiful though. im obsessed with softubes FET compressor at the moment, sound fucking amazing on guitars. the mazarait line of plugins is pretty cool too.

im gonna go back and remix a bunch of things today.

#12 exo

exo

Rich Kids don't go rogue

• umbiciles
  • 6761 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:55 AM

Haven't you been able to use the cracked plugins with the VST wrapper? People on forums say they're as good as or better than the RTAS stuff.

#13 Ender

Ender

Your Dad

• umbiciles
  • 3242 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:15 AM

wasnt ever cracked for mac. even as vst.

windows up until this moment has enjoyed a much higher amount of available plugins.

#14 exo

exo

Rich Kids don't go rogue

• umbiciles
  • 6761 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:47 AM

I'm THIS close to buying an iMac and a 003+ now that all my plugins are finally 'available' on Mac.

What sort of latency are you getting in PT, Andrew? I can't seem to find out where to check it in M-Powered.

On Windows with Cubase and my Saffire 56 I get 1,9ms @ 24/44.1 which is pretty good I think.

#15 Ender

Ender

Your Dad

• umbiciles
  • 3242 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:19 AM

all i know is i can record 8 tracks while monitoring them at 96 khz with 125 samples of latency. i don't know how many ms that is, but it it is small, i can't notice. i also can't notice it at 256 samples. at 512 i can start to notice it.

if you were ever going to make the switch. now seems like the time. more mac plugins being cracked every day. there is a team of hackers out there working on them right now. team XVX owns my life.

#16 exo

exo

Rich Kids don't go rogue

• umbiciles
  • 6761 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

People are saying there will be some new announcements tomorrow, regarding the M-Powered/LE line. I'm excited to see what they'll do, because my choice to convert relies on what's happening with Avid right now.

#17 uniquescreename427

uniquescreename427
  • umbiciles
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:04 PM

technically i think there was another thread for virtual instruments but IDGAF. working on something right now that i'm hoping to put a little rhodes sounding solo over. i don't have access to a rhodes. the electric piano in logic sounds pretty good to me, and there was a rhodes setting in the reason 4 demo song too so thats in there somewhere i guess. but before i get down to it and track down a real pianist is there some obscure virtual instrument that puts those two to shame?

also i don't know shit about plug ins. i've been using the default logic EQ and compressor and reverb and delay and all that shit. am i shooting myself in the foot? when i switched from the built in logic autotune to melodyne i was amazed with the results, but pitch is a lot easier for a rookie like me to hear instead of compression and eq and stuff. i've read a bunch of stuff about it but i still don't really feel like i 'get it'.

#18 Ender

Ender

Your Dad

• umbiciles
  • 3242 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:14 PM

yes you are doing yourself a disservice by using those plugins. they are there as more of a courtesy to the user.

like i stated earlier the whole waves collection recently cracked for mac. do yourself a favor and get that. i guarantee you that everything in there, will put everything you are already using to shame. including melodyne.

also for rhodes sounds I use lounge lizard works pretty well, much much better than anything stock in reason or logic. I also use a native instruments rhodes plugin, but its kinda glitchy so i don't use it too often.

i think the electromechanical refill for reason has a decent rhodes piano in it.

and the best way to "get it" is to dig in and try different things. having access to a bunch of different units and plug ins that you can compare and contrast is really the best way to get at what is going on.

#19 exo

exo

Rich Kids don't go rogue

• umbiciles
  • 6761 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

I completely agree. With the Waves stuff, you don't need anything else. The only thing that should be holding you back if you have those, in terms of altering sound, is your own skill and hearing ability, as well as the fact that these are plugins and not outboard gear.

#20 uniquescreename427

uniquescreename427
  • umbiciles
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

thanks guys. i'll grab those right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users