• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 stray dreams

stray dreams

the genie head has power in the tower of dreams

• ∞Δ∇Δ∞
  • 5684 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

Idk man, my favorite thing about Celer is how subtle it all is. Most of the releases are really similar but they're all beautiful.

#82 ghost

ghost
  • sweater kid
  • 7421 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

sometimes I'll think my music accidentally got paused when I listen to them and I realize it's just super quiet

#83 Abelian

Abelian

Trillionaire

• umbiciles
  • 7252 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

Noctilucent Clouds is especially like that.. an experiment in ultra quiet. When you put it on it's barely even there.

Sorry I made that kinda grumpy post tizzy, it's definitely okay if Capri hit you the hardest. I just have this distinct aversion to what I call "Kind of Blue Syndrome", which is where a particular album coming from an artist who has dozens of great albums gets super highlighted and listened to above all the others by most people. If what you like about Capri more than other ones is that it has more movement and division into sections (short tracks), there are a few more I could recommend. They don't have short tracks, but they have faster movement of ideas than typical Celer albums.

Fountain Glider is all mixed down to one track, but it's really a lot of different ideas that could have been separate tracks, and it's notably different for Celer in how it uses rather abrasive and noisy sounds at times.

Mesoscaphe is a simulated voyage on a submarine, with lots of different ideas. Enough said - it's incredible!

Generic City is an urban field-recording album, again with lots of different ideas and unusual sounds for Celer. It and Mesoscaphe are collabs with other artists.

And I'm sure there are others that branch outside their super spare and focused drone works. My obsessive listening habits with Celer have finally tempered off, so there are a lot of new albums I've yet to check out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users