1966 replies to this topic

#1961 //armk

//armk

Fixthe Fernback

• umbiciles
  • 3893 posts
  • Interests:Northern Brooding

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Bought a set of 'heavy' dunlop strings and had two of them snap after two days. Both at the bridge. What the fuh. Does dunlop just suck or what? I liked the sound of them too.

#1962 autodidact

autodidact

SLOTHTRONAUT

• umbiciles
  • 13945 posts
  • Nemesis:light, happiness

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

Putting an Alumitone single coil and an Alumitone humbucker in my Melody Maker to test out. Should be cool.

Will report back.

googled

pretty interesting, let us know

Bought a set of 'heavy' dunlop strings and had two of them snap after two days. Both at the bridge. What the fuh. Does dunlop just suck or what? I liked the sound of them too.

never tried dunlop to my recollection but it's hard to believe they would put out strings that shitty. i assume you checked yr saddles for burrs and whatnot. maybe it was just a bad batch?

#1963 GLG

GLG

Wyckyd Sceptre

• umbiciles
  • 7390 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Putting an Alumitone single coil and an Alumitone humbucker in my Melody Maker to test out. Should be cool.

Will report back.

googled

pretty interesting, let us know

Will do.

never tried dunlop to my recollection but it's hard to believe they would put out strings that shitty. i assume you checked yr saddles for burrs and whatnot. maybe it was just a bad batch?

This was what I was going to say. As well as adding that heavy strings hold much more tension, so even the smallest break points can get magnified.

#1964 autodidact

autodidact

SLOTHTRONAUT

• umbiciles
  • 13945 posts
  • Nemesis:light, happiness

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

this came across my facebook feed
https://www.facebook...67576754&type=3
Posted Image

bamboo guitar. looks lovely, i wonder how it sounds.

#1965 knight-errant

knight-errant
  • blue steel
  • 12561 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Except maybe DROP D, what are some other nice alternative tunings?

open g

DGDGBD

buckley used it on "last goodbye" and "what will you say". i fiddle around with it from time to time and it sounds really great. i just wish i had a backup guitar like JB that i could keep in open g because switching between it keeps breaking my strings :(

also from time to time i like to take standard and tune G down to F# and capo on the first fret. sounds really ominous.

#1966 (X) (X)

(X) (X)
  • umbiciles
  • 4076 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

my friend has a pretty old epiphone semi-hollow body guitar

oh shit is it great

#1967 knight-errant

knight-errant
  • blue steel
  • 12561 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

man i wish i had more money to blow. i love my guitar but i def need an upgrade.

i also wish they made cooler guitars for lefties :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users