• Please log in to reply
1677 replies to this topic

#21 Thiswillcreateme

Thiswillcreateme
  • umbiciles
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:00 AM

we went through a wave of firings
rather, i fired everyone that couldn't follow the TWO BASIC RULES WE ALL AGREED ON
1) don't show up high. do that afterwards. otherwise, practice is spent getting high and nothing is accomplished.
2) don't bring your girlfriend
we all were fine with this until one guitar player shows up clearly baked, with his lady. out you go.

now we have two drummers, the other being one i haven't met, and some operatically trained woman who wants to sing for us

Hmm, me and my bud are generally more creative and play better when we are stoned. Now being drunk is a different story...

#22 ???

???
  • umbiciles
  • 3695 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:45 AM

my band red pop is currently working on our debut EP weve been in and out the studio for the past month or so...i expect to be all done in a few weeks

take a listen to the rough unmixed demos we recorded for the album if you want

click da red pop link in da sig

#23 mr. fingertips

mr. fingertips

say yes

• umbiciles
  • 756 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:11 AM

planet shhh! is recording an album pretty soon. we started recording it a bit before but I was unhappy with my choice of micing and mixing so we're redoing it. stoked!

there is one new song on our myspace right now. a demo, and that one may not end up on the album. give it a listen if you wish. we are also adding a member after the album- a weird choice I guess, but I feel we should record these songs as they were intended and have been performed, then work in the extra person after with new songs.

does anyone here do mastering? I don't really want to master this myself, I don't really know how to do mastering beyond presets, and I think having someone else's ear fix any problems would be better, I'd be biased having recorded and mixed it myself.

#24 Cicatrizatron

Cicatrizatron

Custom Concern

• umbiciles
  • 7099 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:33 AM

so...this is like provocs?
i guess ill jump on the bandwagon anyway

my band, Fugue, is recording a 3 song ep thing at the end of the month that will probably sound great because we're getting hooked up
untill then, we're just playing shows and oh yeah, we're opening for native, thatll be tight

#25 day in life

day in life
  • umbiciles
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Making music

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:55 AM

Hatori Hanzo played its first gig last friday. Were gonna record new material hopefully sometime this week or next.

Its kind of a wierd situation cuz I joined the three guys after they had been playing around for 2 years. They put out an album that they had been working on which I dont much care for, but were heading for more interesting territory with the songs written after I joined.

Im excited ab it. Between that and the solo stuff that keeps pouring out my head Im gonna be quite busy.

I wish I had a decent job to finance all this though.

#26 pfeifdiggy

pfeifdiggy
  • umbiciles
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:38 AM

My band at home's hopefully going to get together and play at my place, maybe try to book a gig or two, write some new stuff maybe.

My band at school just played their 1st show last week, went bad. But, we've been added to my college's fall showcase-y deal beginning of next semester, so that should be cool.

I've been wanting to record some stuff on my own, anybody have any good ideas for a recording program compatible with a PC?

#27 whalephanthouse

whalephanthouse

Galactonaut

• umbiciles
  • 1352 posts
  • Interests:i fucking drum and do other things too.

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:10 AM

makin new songs, recording at the end of the month, putting out a split with "daytes", getting new shirts printed, saving for east coast winter tour, circuit bending.

daytes? sarah and octopus?

yes sir.

what band are you in and what do you play (if you don't mind me asking)?

well so much for the split, they want to keep their first release as daytes "pure." i can understand that. hopefully they'll want to do something in the future though.

i'm in giant battle monster, i play drums. we're from houston.

#28 tornahdo

tornahdo
  • umbiciles
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:32 AM

awesome! i've heard of you guys thru we the granada (good buddies of ours). we should play a show sometime!

#29 ???

???
  • umbiciles
  • 3695 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:09 AM

In non band news.... I am playing solo shows both this friday and the next friday.

yeah i got a solo show next saturday at this folk festival...gonna be kinda nerve racking cause ive never really played by myself before in front of a crowd. should be fun though

#30 whalephanthouse

whalephanthouse

Galactonaut

• umbiciles
  • 1352 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:11 AM

awesome! i've heard of you guys thru we the granada (good buddies of ours). we should play a show sometime!

haha oh shit! what's your band's name? yeah we the granada played a house show with us south of houston and we were supposed to play a bbq in austin with them but idk what happened, i guess it was on mothers day or something so they rescheduled.

#31 tornahdo

tornahdo
  • umbiciles
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

haha oh shit! what's your band's name? yeah we the granada played a house show with us south of houston and we were supposed to play a bbq in austin with them but idk what happened, i guess it was on mothers day or something so they rescheduled.

tornahdo, although i see you've already determined that. ;)

we were also supposed to play that mother's day show, it got rescheduled and canceled again due to lack of communication. :(

in the spirit of trying to contribute to further discussion about the topic, i feel like we're at a point where we need to go into the studio and cut an EP... but to achieve the sound quality and production we want is the budget buster. feels like we're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

#32 sousmarin

sousmarin

in the dark hours, with half-words whispered low

• bumless chums
  • 16956 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:53 PM

just popped into say that the title of this thread should be either your-band thread or your band: thread depending on intended meaning

lern2compoundadjective

:D

#33 whalephanthouse

whalephanthouse

Galactonaut

• umbiciles
  • 1352 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

tornahdo, although i see you've already determined that. ;)

we were also supposed to play that mother's day show, it got rescheduled and canceled again due to lack of communication. :(

in the spirit of trying to contribute to further discussion about the topic, i feel like we're at a point where we need to go into the studio and cut an EP... but to achieve the sound quality and production we want is the budget buster. feels like we're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

well if you're willing to risk quality to do it for free contact a band called monoceros, i'm not sure how good the quality is but they recorded all of their songs in the studio they're trying to get going and i'm sure they'd be more than happy to do it for free since they're trying to get stuff to show for when they DO charge people.

#34 ???

???
  • umbiciles
  • 3695 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:41 AM

just popped into say that the title of this thread should be either your-band thread or your band: thread depending on intended meaning

lern2compoundadjective

:D

shut the fuck up this is a fuckin forum not a grammar exercise you stuck up floozy

#35 Drake

Drake

Knockin' niggas out like I was kimbo

• yacht club
  • 3320 posts
  • Interests:drinkin', callin' ex-girlfriends, forgetting which ex girlfriends i called.

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:11 AM

My mo' town covers project, The Dirty Bastards, is finally getting off the ground. Stoked as fuck. It's gonna be so fun.

#36 Bambii

Bambii

fyugie

• umbiciles
  • 1387 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:43 AM

Just won a high school BoB's (lol) and won $100 from it.. recording an 3-track EP next week at a legit studio, then going to another shittier studio FOR FREE to record 2 more songs that we'll release as "bonus tracks." Playing with Native on June 18th, playing a lot of shows in the upcoming month, just started working on a new song today which is actually coming along extremely quickly, and currently are getting a shitload of attention and exposure due to our awesome win at that crowded high school last night vs 19 other bands, having given out tons of stickers with our myspace url on them.

So yea, we're doing pretty well.

#37 POTEM

POTEM
  • umbiciles
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:53 AM

Just whoring out my shit. Check it out here.

http://umbilicalblis...=0

#38 ???

???
  • umbiciles
  • 3695 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

good luck, i got my solo show on saturday, im still not 100% sure on my setlist.

a bunch of friends are coming, and random acquaintances from my school who have never heard me play guitar or sing, which i think is more nerve wracking than playing in front of strangers. once i get on stage with a band im never ever nervous when im playing...but a solo show might be different. anyway i cant wait for it cause i know its gonna be fun anyway. hopefully ill get some audio or video recording of the show to show you guys

#39 exo

exo

Rich Kids don't go rogue

• umbiciles
  • 6761 posts
  • Interests:Women and money.

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

<b>Nice,</b> man! I know how that sudden popularity feels.

Yeah, awesome feeling. Got that when the whole Muse-confusion thing happened back in 2006. Disappeared pretty fast though.

#40 mandos

mandos
  • umbiciles
  • 922 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

Trying to get a band together to play some free-jazz vaudeville.

PS HOLLY SHIT MY BAND GIVE US MYSPACE PROFILE VIEWZ:

http://www.myspace.c...tandhisarkestra

0 user(s) are reading this topic